Terms and conditions
2. While every effort has been taken to ensure the accuracy of the information on the website, no warranty is given as to its accuracy or completeness. The information provided is intended to provide general information only and should not be considered a substitute for professional advice covering any specific situation.
3. You agree that Be My Parent, BAAF and its employees will not be responsible for any claims, losses or damages (whether direct or indirect) arising or relating to the use of, or loss of use of, the website except to the extent that such liability cannot be excluded by law.
4. You shall not reverse engineer, decompile, copy or adapt any software or other code or scripts that form part of our website, nor attempt to transmit to, or via, our website any information that contains a virus, worm, trojan, or other harmful or disruptive component.
5. While we make every effort to ensure that the website is free from viruses, we cannot give any guarantees. You are responsible for ensuring that you have installed adequate virus checking software. We are not responsible for any viruses, bugs, or other harmful files transmitted with, or as part of, the website.
6. We cannot guarantee uninterrupted access to this website, or the sites to which it links. We accept no responsibility for any damage arising from the unavailability of this website or the information it contains.
7. This website contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the content and security of any third party website.
8. Legitimate organisations involved in adoption and fostering are encouraged to link to Be My Parent. You do not need our specific permission to link to this website, although you are not permitted to use our logo. Please note we do not provide reciprocal links.
10. To make use of certain facilities on this website, you must register and subscribe. In order to do this you must be over the age of 18, resident in the UK, and the registered owner of a UK credit card and, to subscribe, you must provide us with your credit card details. We will not charge your credit card for any services without your specific permission. Click here to read more about registering and subscribing to Be My Parent.
Please ensure that all the details you provide us with are true, accurate, current and complete and inform us immediately should any information change.
During registration, you will be given a password, which you will use along with your email address to log in. You must ensure that you keep these details confidential and do not disclose them to anyone. You will be responsible for all activities which occur under your username and password. It is your responsibility to notify us immediately of any unauthorised use.
We may terminate your registration at any time at our complete discretion, especially if you are in breach of these terms and conditions. If we terminate or suspend your registration, you may not re-register with us without our prior written permission.
11. Except where stated, Be My Parent/BAAF own the copyright and all other intellectual property rights in the website and material on the website.
You may download, print or store sections of this website for personal, non-commercial use and as an information resource only for your personal use, providing you do not make any changes or modifications or remove any copyright or trademark notice(s). In certain circumstances, we may indicate on the website whether material may be used for other purposes. You may not otherwise distribute, copy, publish, replicate, transmit, modify, or publicly display (for gain or otherwise) any website material without our prior written permission.
You may not transmit or re-circulate any website material to a third party, without our prior written permission.
You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design or layout of the website, individual elements of the website design, or logos.
You may not use the Be My Parent or BAAF logo without our prior written permission.
British Association for Adoption and Fostering is a registered charity no. 275689 (England and Wales) and SC039337 (Scotland)
Registered as a company limited by guarantee in England and Wales no. 01379092
Registered office at Saffron House, 6-10 Kirby Street, London EC1N 8TS
Last updated: 06 December 10